Saturday, April 24, 2010

Acting on instinct

Bloody hell. She had to do it. At a time like this.

I suppose I could be called a coward. I have a tremendous urge not to do some things that might need to be done. Not to speak words that have to be said. To stand back and be analytical to a fault. And sometimes, I realise that this prevents me from getting things done.

But sometimes, someone does something so spectacularly foolish that I look up and thank God that he has given me the patience to think before dashing off. I'm thankful I don't go charging into the dens of those who hate me, hoping to earn some sort of... redemption when there's no chance of any such thing.

In short, I'm thankful I didn't do what Carmilla's foolish sister did, running right into the center of the storm she started without any method of getting out, without any chance of them seeing reason, and without any hope of escaping.

I mean, I can't fault those poor people for not seeing reason. She did slaughter a monestary. But to give herself up without any chance of escape? Does she have any idea of how much this is going to hurt Carmilla?

I'd better be getting over there. Find what I can.

1 comment: